Orlando Intersection Accident Lawyer
If you were involved in a Florida intersection accident, it’s essential to get the compensation you deserve. Moe DeWitt is the Orlando car accident attorney that will see to it that justice is served.
Common Causes of Intersection Accidents
Speeding is a common cause of intersection accidents. Lights at busy intersections can take a long time to change and drivers often ‘rush to make the light’ to avoid waiting through another cycle. As a result, they end up rear-ending or T-boning other vehicles. The excessive speed also makes these accidents more dangerous and they often result in serious injury.
Here are some common types of intersection accidents that occur due to speeding or other types of negligence.
- Following too closely
- Erratic or improper lane changes
- Prohibited passing and merging
- Sudden changes in speed
- Failure to yield right of way
- Disobeying traffic signs or signals
- Improper turning
- Distractions like Texting and Driving
Determining Fault at an Intersection Accident
If you were involved in an intersection accident, it’s essential to establish who or what was at fault for causing the collision. This way you know who to target for compensation. Any of the following can be used as evidence:
- A police report: It’s important to make sure the police are called to the accident to file a report. This is an important piece of evidence.
- CCTV footage from a nearby business: If a nearby business’s security camera picks up footage of the accident, it can be used to establish liability.
- Video or photos of the accident: Today, almost everyone carries a cell phone. Pictures and videos can be used to record what happened and can later be used to target at-fault parties.
- Witness statements: If you were involved in a car accident, it’s important to collect contact info from all the witnesses at the scene. Even though this testimony is not as reliable as photos and video, it can still be used to help you build a strong case.
- Vehicle maintenance records: If the accident occurred because a car malfunctioned due to poor maintenance or equipment, the manufacturer or service person may be at fault
- Vehicle Black Box Footage: Some cars have a black box installed. These are crash-resistant devices that can record the moments leading up to an accident to help investigators determine what happened.
- Blood alcohol and drug tests: These are used to determine whether the drivers involved in the accident were intoxicated
Florida is a Comparative Fault State
When an intersection accident occurs, there is often more than one car involved.
Florida is a comparative fault state. This means that the compensation each driver is eligible to receive is reduced by the percentage to which they were at fault for the accident.
So, for instance, if the total amount of damages is $100,000, but the court finds that you are 25% at fault for the accident, you will only be eligible to receive $75,000.
Finding a Lawyer for Your Florida Intersection Crash
If you need a personal injury lawyer to represent you in a Florida intersection crash, Moe DeWitt is highly recommended.
Moe DeWitt has years of experience in handling car accident cases. Our team at JustCallMoe treats each of our clients as individuals and create a customized strategy to get winning results. We’ll stop at nothing to see to it that justice is served.
An intersection accident can lead to serious injuries, excessive medical expenses, a loss of wages, and a reduced quality of life. Make sure you get the compensation you deserve. JustCallMoe at 866-225-5663 today.
Florida Auto Accident Lawyer
You Don't Pay, Unless We Win.
When you've been injured in an accident, you're likely dealing with much more than just your injuries and property damage. Dealing with your insurance claim can be an added stressor that you shouldn't have to worry about. When you call us, we'll take the burden of dealing with the insurance companies off your shoulders. We'll deal with the insurance company, so you can focus on getting better.About Us Play Video