Orlando Dog Bite Injury Lawyer
If you are the victim of a dog attack, you have the right to take legal action to be compensated for your injuries. Read on to find out more about dog bites in Orlando:
What Causes Dogs to Bite?
There are a variety of reasons why a dog may decide to bite someone. Here are some of the most common.
- Dominance Aggression: Some dogs will bite because they want to assert their dominance. If a toy is taken from them or they are moved, picked up, or awakened from sleep, they may feel as if their dominance is being threatened and lash out and attack.
- Fear Aggression: Dogs can become frightened in the presence of someone they don’t know. They may feel the person poses a threat to themselves or their owner and bite the person in question.
- Prey Drive: Dogs may get confused and think that a person is actually prey. This most commonly happens with children because children are small and closer to the size of the animals they prey on. Dog bites are the 5th most common cause of childhood injury in hospitals.
- Pain: When dogs are in pain, they may lash out at their owner or anyone who tries to come near them.
- Punishment Related Attacks: Dog bites may be self-defense if the dog is being beaten by a person or another animal.
- Redirected Aggression: This type of attack can occur if the dog is in the middle of a fight, and you intervene. The dog may accidentally bite you instead of the subject the dog is attacking.
Who is Responsible for Dog Bites?
It is up to a dog owner to make sure their dog does not bite anyone. Dogs should be on a leash whenever they are taken out for a walk.
If a person is bitten by a dog, it is ultimately up to the dog owner to pay for any damages and injuries.
What Should I Do If a Dog Bites Me?
If a dog bites you, you should contact local animal control and/or the police. The authorities will write up a report that will serve as a valuable piece of evidence in your legal case.
You should also gather as much information from the scene as possible. Get the contact information of the witnesses and dog owners. Get the breed and description of the dog. Take pictures if possible.
Next, you should seek medical attention. This is an excellent step to take in any legal case. Your injuries may not seem severe at the time they occur, but symptoms can manifest over time. Dog bites can become infected or result in pain after a few days.
If you wait to get medical attention, dog owners may try to say your injuries were not related to the accident. That’s why it’s best to get medical care immediately.
Dog bites can be severe or non-severe in nature. In some instances, they will barely break the skin. At other times, they can result in disfigurement leading to considerable medical expenses, a loss of income, and emotional suffering.
Finding the Right Lawyer for Your Dog Bite Case
If you were bitten by a dog in the Orlando area, do not hesitate to JustCallMoe!
Moe Dewitt has years of experience dealing exclusively with personal injury cases. Our focus on this aspect of the law has helped develop tactics that ensure positive outcomes for our clients. We’re known for our caring approach, affordable rates, and aggressive representation.
Dog bites can result in a loss of wages, medical expenses, and emotional pain and suffering. Don’t let careless dog owners get away with it. Call us at 866-225-5663 to get the compensation you deserve.
Florida Auto Accident Lawyer
You Don't Pay, Unless We Win.
When you've been injured in an accident, you're likely dealing with much more than just your injuries and property damage. Dealing with your insurance claim can be an added stressor that you shouldn't have to worry about. When you call us, we'll take the burden of dealing with the insurance companies off your shoulders. We'll deal with the insurance company, so you can focus on getting better.About Us Play Video