Orlando Moped Accident Lawyer
Mopeds provide an easy, cheap way to get around places. But mopeds also have their share of downsides. One of the biggest disadvantages is that they are dangerous. Mopeds are difficult to see and riders do not have the shell of a car to protect them. This makes it easy for riders to become seriously injured in an accident.
If you are injured in a moped accident, it’s essential to have a reliable lawyer on your side. Moe DeWitt will make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Moped Accidents
Moped accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. Here are some of the most common.
- Fall into a Driver’s Blind Spot: Mopeds are difficult to see on the road. If they fall into a car’s blind spot, a driver may not see them when they are trying to turn or get into the next lane.
- Weaving in and Out of Traffic: Oftentimes, mopeds take advantage of their small size to weave in and out of traffic. This can increase the risk of an accident.
- Debris on the Road: Debris on the road can cause both drivers and moped riders to brake suddenly to cause an accident. Because mopeds are small, just a bit of debris can get caught in their wheels causing them to brake suddenly or lose their balance.
- Road Conditions: Snow, rain, or ice can reduce visibility and make roads slippery producing dangerous conditions for drivers and moped riders.
- Not Complying with the Rules of the Road: There are rules of the road that both moped riders and drivers must follow. Failure to comply with these rules increases the chance of an accident. Driving distracted and intoxicated are common causes of collisions.
Moped Laws in Florida
If you are riding a scooter in the state of Florida, here are the basic laws that apply:
- You must be at least 16 to ride and you must have a valid driver’s license.
- Moped riders are not required to have insurance but it is a good idea to carry it anyway.
- If the vehicle is not capable of going over 30 MPH, riders do not need to wear a helmet. However, passengers under 16 are required to wear one.
- Mopeds under 5 BHP are not permitted to ride on the highway.
- It is not legal to ride on the yellow lines in any circumstances or to pass traffic.
- If operating on the roadway at speeds that are lower than normal, mopeds must stay on the right side of traffic. In all other cases, mopeds are considered equal to any other vehicle on the road.
- Mopeds can not be operated in bicycle and pedestrian lanes.
Finding the Right Lawyer for Your Florida Moped Accident
If you were involved in a moped accident in the Orlando, FL area you need the right lawyer by your side.
Moe has been serving his community for over 20 years. Our attorneys are known for their caring approach and their ability to go above and beyond to get their clients the compensation they deserve. We’ll create a customized strategy in every case to ensure they get winning results.
A moped accident can greatly reduce the quality of life. Don’t let at-fault drivers get away with it. Reach out to JustCallMoe at 866-225-5663 and we will be on your side to see to it that justice is served.
Florida Auto Accident Lawyer
You Don't Pay, Unless We Win.
When you've been injured in an accident, you're likely dealing with much more than just your injuries and property damage. Dealing with your insurance claim can be an added stressor that you shouldn't have to worry about. When you call us, we'll take the burden of dealing with the insurance companies off your shoulders. We'll deal with the insurance company, so you can focus on getting better.About Us Play Video